Thursday, April 13, 2006

cherry choc chip


I spent most of today dying yarn with various cherry colours of kool aid for the art project. It's still drying, I'll post pictures when its ready to be knitted up, or at least dry enough to photograph nicely.

So the picture's from New Year, but it fits as it's my birthday today. Hence the day off playing with kool aid. We had cake last night. Chocolate and cherry cake.

Recipe for you:

200g butter/ margerine
200g chocolate
2 large eggs
225g sugar
125g plain flour
Can/ jar of spitted cherries, drained.

Preheat to Gas Mark 4/ 180 degrees C.

Line brownie pan

Melt chocolate slowly in a waterbath (or in heavy bottomed pan or microwave, but be careful, in a bowl inside a pan of hot water is the safest, you don't want to overheat it).

Cream sugar and butter, beat in eggs. Add spoonful of flour, spoonful of chocolate. Continue like this till all flour and chocolate used. Fold in cherries.

Pour into pan and bake for about 20 mins.

Leave to cool for a few moments before eating. You'd be surprised how nice these are cold, as Kirsty and I discovered this morning. Enjoy brownies responsibly as part of a varied diet.

9 comments:

Veronique said...

Happy birthday!
Hmm, your apartment must smell like cherries and chocolate right now... I love dyeing with KoolAid because then I get to knit with fruity-smelling yarn.

FemiKnitMafia said...

Happy Birthday!!

vardakeerutaja said...

Happy birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!
I'll be trying that recipe soon. Sounds delicious.

itslikearuin said...

Happy birthday!
I've always wondered if chocolate and cherry cake would work. Now I know.

Anonymous said...

This sounds divine; I'm definitely going to try it.

Penis Enlargement said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

VigRX Plus said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me. would you mind updating your blog with more information

www.lugo-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a great deal of useful material in this post!