Monday, February 26, 2007

FO (mod): not so slouchy

hat&bell


I modified the hat so it fits a bit better. As proof, above is a photo of me wearing it yesterday, sitting by a load of giant bells at the British Museum (my last name is Bell...). You'll have to excuse the dark shadows and slightly dazed look, I was a bit off colour over the weekend and not sleeping that well.

I frogged it down a good couple of inches. The patten says to work for six inches before starting the crown decreases, but in this version there is a bit under four. It's still slouchy enough for me to tuck my hair inside, if the mood so takes me (useful when it's windy).

backhat

9 comments:

Veronique said...

Ooh, it has a very 1940s look!

Nadia said...

I adore that colour!

knittingphilistine said...

The hat looks great. Now, give me some details on that scarf you're wearing!

Alice said...

(also emailed to knitting philistine)

oh, very old. cashmerino aran, two balls (I think) with a garter
stitch broken rib. e.g.:

k2, p2, k2, p2
k2, p2, k2, p2

I found the bobbley effect of this stitch works with way the cashmerino pills.

blog-blethers said...

Love that hat .... my, your voodoo doll made me giggle! I reckon we all should have one! Knitting and anger management (though quite understandably) in one:)

littlelixie said...

Wow, that hat is great on you!

Unknown said...

i love it! way too cute

Flashlight Vagina said...

I totally match with everything you've written.

www.muebles-en-zaragoza.com said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.