Sunday, September 30, 2007

paddle power

On saturday we took the Paddlesteamer from Tower Bridge to Whitstable (my pic here). It went right down the Themes, then out to the sea, via Southend. You could walk around the middle of the boat to see the steam engine at work and take a peak out of portholes to see the paddles go round and round. Plus, I wasn't the only person knitting on deck. All very exciting. Slightly cold too, which allowed some re-discovery of FO's gone by.

knitwear united

One the left side, a slightly better shot of my squirrelly mittens. On the right, Marcus is wearing a pair of mitten-topped gloves I made ages ago, pre-blog (loosely based on the broadstreet pattern). They've lasted really well, he wears them all the time. Marcus also caught me engaging in some sneaky yarn sniffing.

me sniffing yarn

A 'ps' for ravelry users: I'm a stupid person and had "messaging" switched off for a load of last week. So if you messaged me, friended me or left a comment and didn't get a reply, give me a poke.

23 comments:

Ashley said...

Thank you for this very timely reminder that I wanted to make Squirrelly mittens for this winter!

spajonas said...

i love those squirrel mittens :) if i actually enjoyed doing colorwork i just might make a pair!

schrodinger said...

Awwww! How cute the little mitts holding hands :) Sounds like a nice trip along the Thames :)

Kelly said...

Mmmm... mitten envy.

reluctantMANGO said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Love those squirrel mitts - with all the gorgeous colorwork popping up these days, I'm going to have to make like a lemming and jump in!

Stacey said...

love the squirrel mitts! yarn sniffing - a great way to pass the time!! :)

Kimberly said...

I will join you in some yarn sniffing! I have a tendency to sniff and to rub against my cheek the yarn at Webs - our local yarn store. Once I even sniffed a really nice owl button they had! It looked sweet!

Amy said...

Beautiful mittens! I *will* knit those someday.

Sarah said...

Mittens hugging! That and the last photo make this the cutest post I've seen all week.

pamela wynne said...

squirrelly mittens are the best. sniffing them? even better.

Christy said...

What cute mitten holding action.
And I second Ashley, thanks for the reminder about squirell mittens

Marlena said...

Love those squirrel mittens! I've been meaning to make my own pair for forever.

Amanda said...

Those are beautiful! They look so warm. I've been thinking about making another pair of mittens for myself this winter and this post is the perfect inspiration.

Anonymous said...

awwwww

Anonymous said...

I'm so jelous of the trip in such a cool boat!

Grisse said...

hi!!
this is my first menssenger because i dont speak very well inglish. I like your blog so mach, I (knitty)too, its may activity favority.

ofpinsandneedles said...

What a wonderful thing to do with a weekend! You look lovely in that picture too. Hope this weekend is equally good xx

Semra Merdan said...

Thank you for all producte.Its a nice job.

puertas metalicas exterior said...

This can't have effect in actual fact, that's exactly what I think.

comprar yate said...

Very helpful info, thank you for your article.

www.soria-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a great deal of useful material in this post!

price per head service said...

Very interesting post. I think this advice can be very helpful for many people.

Judi Bola said...

Thanks combination of suitable and useful information and well-written sentences that will certainly entice your sense.There are so multiple comments here that are really entertaining and conducive to me thanks for sharing a link especially for sharing this blog. Agen Sbobet