Saturday, June 24, 2006

reproduction


I've started adding the brown to my hipknits cashmere circles. It could do with a bit of blocking, but you can see how it is coming together.

I got an email through craftster this week from a lovely lady who's made the most amazing white and red lovemeknot socks. You can see them here and here. Sarah's made a fantastic grey and black Rosalind with great tassels on the corners (wish I'd thought of that). I've seen a few beaded-icords around and even spotted someone knitting an exchequered in a photo on yarnbar. It's so exciting to see your designs worked up by other people.

Despite all this I'm not really feeling design inspiration at the moment. I want to make a hooded scarf to replace one I lost last month, and figured I might as well do it now as later in the summer, then I could submit it for autumn knitty. But I don't just don't feel like it, and I hate knitting for anything other than enjoying the process. I hate knitting to order or deadline.

It's partly the sunny weather. It is also because I've taken quite a bit of time off my PhD recently and have a LOT of work to catch up on. I'm also just enjoying working from other people's patterns.

I probably will do that hoodscarf later in the summer, I will certainly miss my old one come September. If I come up with anything clever I'll put the patten up on here if no where else.

EDIT: I've just seen the most recent Crochet-Me, and it's got crochet crayon's in it! I found reference to this a while back and the designer said she was thinking of submitting the pattern. It's similar idea to my knit scarf pattern, but we both came up with the idea on our own.

11 comments:

kathy b said...

Ohhhhh, the brown edges on the circles are perfect! Love them.

I also enjoyed the lovemeknot socks. So cute.

ofpinsandneedles said...

Yes, the brown looks lovely with the peachy colour.

I hope very much that you do knit a hoodscarf sometime. I have one that I love but the 'scarf' bit is too short so it is more like a bonnet than a hoodscarf and I can only really wear it under the hood of a coat in deepest winter (or at Glastonbury, when all my crazy clothes wishes are let out to play for a few days. Sorry to keep mentioning it on your blog. It would be Gastonbury time this weekend and I am really missing it!).

But most of all I hope that you take time to do whatever you feel like doing, and take care of yourself. The hoodscarf (and I) can wait.

Anonymous said...

thanks for all those links! And I'm really liking the brown edges too.

Anonymous said...

I've just started the exchequered and I am loving it - it's not too difficult and it's so good looking!

spajonas said...

it's always nice to see what other people do with your patterns! AND it reminds me to bookmark your lovemeknot pattern!

i like your circle scarf. it's coming along nice.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Just as I was about to leave a comment here over the weekend, our broadband died!

The circles are looking great, colour combinations and the stitch. I did wonder about bags and scarves... yet I only seem capable of making things to put on heads...

Kelly said...

I take this opportunity to thank you for the inspiration you provide... I have quite a bit of red mercenised cotton waiting to become a never ending beaded i-cord necklaces that I'll be sure to sing your praises over :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that scarf is going to be sooo cool. I love the brown and peachy colors together. Can't wait to see it finished!

puertas metalicas said...

The dude is completely just, and there is no suspicion.

invertir en oro said...

i like this part from the post: "Despite all this I'm not really feeling design inspiration at the moment. I want to make a hooded scarf to replace one I lost last month, and figured I might as well do it now as later in the summer, then I could submit it for autumn knitty". Is very interesting.

www.toledo-3d.com said...

This cannot truly work, I believe so.