Saturday, June 10, 2006

socks



I've finished two pairs of socks recently. I've just been poo about posting about them. They were both simple toe-up st st jobbies. I worked on them while getting through a huge pile of exam marking.

The purple ones above used 50g of Fyberspates in an almost solid purple (bulked out with a bit of Cygnet solid black for toes and heels). The slight verigation is lovely with hints of blue and reds along with dark, deep purples of a Ribena colour. I got it in Fyberspate's Olympics sale but I've noticed she's selling a similar colourway on Get Knitted.

The longer socks pictured at the bottom are Lorna's Laces in Vera. I love the stripes, they make me feel all Alice in Wonderland. I think I must dye myself some proper purple and blue Alice in Wonderland socks. Were Alice's stockings purple and blue? Or was that the Cheshire Cat? Still, having Cheshire Cat legs would be fun too.

In other news the lovely Sarah has corrected the written out chart for Rosalind (which, confusingly enough was first written out by a Sarah). I've corrected the version on my blog but not had time to check either versions myself. You can change the chart slighly anyway, so slight slips shouldn't make a huge amount of difference. Thank you to Sarah (and again to the first Sarah!).

I was going to post about I knit a River last week but never got round to it - if you've not already seen it have a look. Described as "the best petition you'll ever knit" I knit and Wateraid are asking for knitted 15x15cm blue squares. Each blue square will be sewn together to form a "river" which will then travel to Wateraid campaigning events. All very Project Spectrum for June.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cheshire Cat was purple and blue, Alice's socks were plain white.

Ashley said...

Wow--I would have put a lot of money on Alice's socks being red and white. But a quick google is telling me that Disney gives her plain white, but Tenniel's (to be preferred) are a sort of duck-egg blue. So much for my memory.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE purple - great socks

Catherine Kerth said...

Love the colors in those socks! good job making use of that stash ;) BTW the kiri is made out of a beautiful colored yarn!!!

ofpinsandneedles said...

Hooray! I've been watching those Ribena socks in your sidebar, waiting to see what they were like. Very nice. I particularly like the black contrast toes and heels.

I'd always imagined that Alice wore black and white striped socks with her pale blue dress, but I imagine this Alice could wear any colour she chose! Purple and blue sounds cool, and grinning legs sound even better.

Thanks for the link to I Knit a River. I'll definitely be taking part. :)

spajonas said...

sometimes, nice simple socks are so rewarding to knit! you'll probably wear them often enough :)

invertir en oro said...

hello, i think that this post has useful information.

www.camobel.org said...

Oh my god, there is really much helpful info here!