Friday, May 12, 2006

happy thoughts


My kitchen is covered in popcorn. The bath has confetti in it. Why? My flatmate is putting on a play. Go see if you are in London with nothing else to do this evening. She knits too! But not on stage. Yet.

Although, she is a bad knitter. She told me they only stretchy bind-off option was 1x1rib on huge needles. She lies. I plan to spend some time this afternoon learning some - it may help the secret Bakerloo Magknits project.

I had a very exciting package this week! From Veronique. Two skeins of wool, one a deep turquoise, the other a rich brown (pictured). She read in my blog that I was thinking of making myself an exchequered - she's right those colours are great together. I plan to cast on as soon as I've got the next bit of "promised knitting" over and done with (socks for birthdays, and my mum wants me to do a baby blanket for my cousin Rosalind). It was a lovely gift and cheered me up no end.

Oh and I caved. I ordered the Happy Hooker. Said flatmate and I both want to get better at crochet. I've been really inspired by some samples of crochet scarves Kerrie has been showing off - she says they'll be up on the hipknits site soon.

8 comments:

spajonas said...

veronique is crazy-good at picking out the perfect color combinations! i can't wait to see exchequered in different colors :)

Veronique said...

I'm so glad you got the yarn! I left it in the hands of my family and made them swear someone would go to the Post Office.
By the way, I'm sorry the yarn did not come with any kind of label...

Anonymous said...

There are few color combinations that I love more than chocolate brown and turquoise. That yarn looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

that yarn has such a lovely sheen! look forward to seeing it knitted up.

Kelly said...

I have a serious love-hate affair with the Happy Hooker... I have put it away for a little while but will try to make friends with her again soon.

Anonymous said...

that yarn is lovely! What a nice gift.

Sarah said...

That blue color is making me drool a little. So beautiful!

site said...

It can't work in fact, that is exactly what I believe.